Why I'm Saying Yes More

00:38

I am not a person who is up for everything and anything and probably never will be. I'm naturally anxious, but that's ok.
BUT, what is not ok is turning down every experience or trip I could go on. Even just popping down to the shop or walking my dog with my mum I would find a way to back out of. I now know and realise how limiting this is/was on my life.
It stopped me from developing as a person, and developing friendships, but most importantly, hid me away from ~quite often~ very beautiful world.

~An Example~

So, any opportunity or chance I get to visit somewhere, I'm going to say yes, instead of no straight away. I can have times where I say no but I need to think about it. I will no longer limit myself so much.

Yesterday I did something vvvv daring for me. I walked to the train station, bought a ticket and got on the train all by myself, meeting my friend a couple of stops down the line.. This was a huge leap for me, making me realise I can and will overcome my anxieties. I am stronger than the thoughts telling me I'm not. I ended up having a wonderful day full of sunshine, laughter and tea.
I was so proud of myself.
I want that pride, not the guilt I get when I cancel my plans last minute. Although I'm messing up other peoples plans I'm letting my anxiety win, and it cannot. This is a race only I can win. There will be trips along the way, where anxiety inches ahead of me, but in the long run, I will race ahead and cross the finish line first.
This is why I'm saying yes more

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts